Name: Prof. Osman A.Warfa
Designation: Ag. Vice Chancellor,
PhD (Curriculum and Instruction; Supervision of Instruction, Ohio University).
Experience: Has over 30 years of work experience as a lecturer and in University Management.
Journal Articles and Research Papers
- Practices and opportunities of devolved governance in Kenya; A case study in Garissa County,Kenya.(American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research(AJHSSR),e-ISSN:2378-703X,Volume-02,issue-08,pp-101-105,August, 2018)(with Salah A. Farah and Mohamed Ismail).
- Pupils, parents, and teachers perceptions on the causes of low achievements in Kenya certificate of primary education examination: A case study in a public school in Mandera County, Kenya. (International Journal of academic research in progressive education and development, Vol. 7. April, 2018) (With Ali, Mohamed)
- Conflict in the Somali world and how it is resolved through the use of proverbs in artistic discourse strategy (Journal of Education and practice, Vol.9, No_9, 2018) ( With Adam Mukhtar)
- Integration of special needs education in primary teacher education curriculum and acquisition of knowledge by teacher trainees in Kenya( Jurnal of Education and Practice, Vol. 8 No. 17, October, 2017) (With Benedicta Aiyobei Tabot)
- Attitude of teachers towards use of English Language as a medium of instruction in secondary schools in Republic of Tanzania: A pragmatic perspective of community secondary schools in Arusha district (Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, Vol. 4, No:9, May 25, 2017) (With Kipnge’tich E. Kirui & Lyimo Naisujaki)
- Role of Borderless higher education for refugee programme in offering high quality teacher education and training for refugees in Dadaab settlement in Kenya.( (With Kirui Kipngetich) (Advance in Social Science Research Journal, Vol 3, No 2, February, 2016)
- An assessment of the qualification of teachers of physical education and sports in public secondary schools in Bomet County, Kenya (European Journal of Research and Reflection in Educational Sciences, Vol. 4 No. 2, 2016) ( With )
- Relationship between motivation and performance in KCSE Biology in selected schools in Nyakach District, Kisumu County, Kenya (Journal of Biological Science, Vol. 2, Issue 12, December 2015) Owino Albert, Yangungu, Alice & Ogolla, Bernard)
- Teachers as Transformative Intellectuals: Democracy in the classroom. (Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, Vol. 2, No. 9 September, 2015)
- Education as a practice of freedom: Reflection on bell hooks. ( With Specia Akello) (Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 6, No. 17, 2015)
- The relationship between students attitude towards Biology performance in KCSE in selected secondary schools in Nyakach District, Kisumu County, Kenya ) ( Research Journal of Education Studies and Review Vol. 1 (5) September 2015) (With Owino Albert, Yangungu, Alice & Ogolla, Bernard)
- Role-play technique as an antecedent of performance in English language: Evidence from secondary schools in Wareng District, Uasin Gishu,(With Kemboi Julius) ( Journal of Education and Practice, Vol, 6, No. 5 2015)
- The relationship between availability of teaching and learning resources and performance in KCSE in selected secondary schools in Nyakach Distrcit, Kisumu County, Kenya (International Journal of Contemporary Applied Sciences) ( Vol. 2, No. 7, July 2015)
- An investigation of factors that influence performance in KCSE biology in selected secondary schools in Nyakach District, Kisumu County .( Journal of Education and Human Development, June, 2014, Vol, 3 No. 2) ( With Owino Albert, Yangungu, Alice & Ogolla, Bernard)
- A reflection on the works of Paulo Freire and its relevance to classroom teaching. ( With Sisimwo, Joshua & Rop Caren0 Middle Eastern and African Journal of Educational Research, Issue 13, 2014)
- Education as a Quest to Freedom: Reflections on Maxine Greene Journal of Emerging , 2013). (with Sella T. Kisaka)
- School Culture: Implications to School Improvement and Performance in National Examinations in Kenya. Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies (JETERAPS) (Vol 4 No 1, February, 2013) (with Cheng'oli Calistus Kisumo, and Khaemba Ongeti)
- Freedom in Teaching and Learning: International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol.3, No. 2, Special Issue: January 2013.
- Improving Instructional Leadership in Schools through Building. Principals' Capacity. Journal of Education Practice,( With Truphena Mukuna) Vol.4, No.2, January, 2013
- Towards Learner Centered Pedagogies by Teacher Educators in Kenya: A Study of Kericho Teachers‘ Training College : International Journal of Asian Social Science: 2013, Volume 3, Issue1 (with Rop Chepkepmoi, Willitter and Kirui J. E. Kipng’etich:
- School Climate: The Key To Excellence: Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies (JETERAPS) (Vol 3 No 6, December, 2012)
- Towards learner centered pedagogies by teacher educators in Kenya: a study of Kericho Teachers’ Training College (With Kirui Kipngetich, International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol 2:No: 23, December, 2012)
- Use of Clinical Supervision Cycle in the Assessment of Teacher Trainees in Physical Education in Kenya: A Study of Teacher Colleges in Rift-Valley Zone ( With Kirui Kipngetich: Journal of Education and Practice, Vol:3, No 9 August, 2012).