Dr. Stephen Rotich
(Academic and Students’ Affairs)
Dr.Stephen Kipkorir Rotich is currently Registrar (Academics and Students Affairs); graduate of Moi University (Doctor of Philosophy (Education Management, 2014) and Masters of Philosophy (Education Administration, 2010).Rotich has been mentoring students with experience of 27 years in the teaching profession: 7 years of teaching in University; 2 years in Teachers Training College and 18 years in High school.Rotich has worked as the Principal of High School and Trainer of head teachers of both Secondary and Primary Schools.
Rotich has worked with organizations for Research/Baseline Survey/Power Mapping/Capacity Building:
- Search For Common Ground (SEARCH): Baseline Survey on; Jamii Bila Balaa-Strengthening Family and Community Networks to Prevent Violent Extremism in Tana River and Garissa Counties(2019). Ongoing Expression of Interest
- Search For Common Ground (SEARCH): Power Mapping on; Jamii Bila Balaa-Strengthening Family and Community Networks to Prevent Violent Extremism in Tana River and Garissa Counties (2019). Ongoing Expression of Interest.
- Royal United State Institute (RUSI) for defence and Security, United Kingdom: funding worth 1.3million for Research on the Role of Al Shabaab in Clan Conflicts in North Eastern Kenya in 2018 (completed in January,2019)
iv. USAID: funding worth KSh500,000 for Baseline survey on Teacher Education and Professional Development (TEPD) in Narok Teachers College in 2013 (completed in August 2013)
- Kenya Education Institute of Management (KEMI): as consultant to train head teachers in Writing Funding Proposal and Management of schools in 2012/2013
- Ministry of Education (MoE): school needs analysis and won Funding Proposal worth Ksh1.2 million for the School Science Laboratory in 2009
- SMASSE/CEMESTEA: Awarded Scholarship to University of the Philippines to be trained as Trainer of Trainers (TOT)/consultant for secondary school Science teachers in 2007.