MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
About This Course
Goal of the programme
To provide learners with knowledge, skills and attitude to meet evolving career requirements for managers in the public and private sectors as agents, managers of change and business development experts.
The overall goal of the MBA degree is to train would be and practicing managers with knowledge, skills and competence in managing organizations. The learning outcomes are to enable students to:
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures in business functional areas.
- Apply research, analytical and problem solving skills in business management practice.
- Manage challenges in modern and complex business environment.
- Conduct business practices within the acceptable legal and ethical framework.
Areas of Specialization
The MBA Programme shall have the following areas of specialization:
- Auditing and Forensic Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Risk and Insurance
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Business Leadership
- Supply Chain management
- A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements to be admitted to the MBA programme:
- A holder of a degree in Business or Commerce from a university recognized by CUE with first class or second upper-class honours or
- A holder of a degree in business related field from a university recognized by CUE with second class lower division with two (2) years working experience or
- A holder of a degree in any discipline from a university recognized by CUE with at least second-class lower division with a Diploma in Business related field validated by Garissa University Senate or
- A holder of a degree in any discipline from a university recognized by CUE with at least second-class lower honours with three (3) years managerial experience, research, paper presentations or peer reviewed publications and relevant working experience