1. BACHELOR OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Philosophy of the programme
The programme envision training and developing graduates that are Entrepreneurial, agents and managers of change, leaders and business development experts.
Goal of the Programme
To provide students with knowledge, skills and attitude to meet evolving career requirements for managers in the private and public sectors.
The graduates of the BBM programme shall be able to:
- Utilize the gained knowledge in management in public or private sector organizations.
- Apply the broad range of managerial capabilities in the dynamic business environment.
- Handle challenges in rapidly changing and globalized market.
- Conduct business practices within acceptable legal and ethical framework.
- Progress in the management profession and/or to higher level of study.
- Accounting Specialization
- Finance and Banking specialization
- Risk and Insurance Management specialization
- Marketing Management specialization
- Purchasing and Supplies Management specialization
- Business Information Technology specialization
- Human Resource Management specialization
- Small Enterprise Management specialization
- Business Leadership and Management specialization
An applicant shall satisfy the entry requirements for BBM as stipulated by Moi University senate. However the regular government sponsored students are admitted upon meeting the requirements stipulated by the Joint Admission Board. The current admission requirements are-
- An applicant should have at least a mean grade of C+ (plus) and a C (plain) in both Mathematics and English Language in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or
- At least two principal passes and one subsidiary pass in Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) plus at least a pass in maths and English at “O” level OR,
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Business studies validated by Commission for University Education (CUE) with at least a credit OR,
- Be a holder of a professional certificate in business studies recognized by CUE.